It's true, breakout a happens, even with the best skin care regimen. However, there are some things, that we can do to minimize the incidence of breakouts and keep eczema flare-ups to a minimum. So let's jump right into it.
1. Drink water on an empty stomach first thing in the morning. Since your body has been going through repair while you sleep, drinking water first thing will help to replinish and restore those organs and cells in your body that have been dehydrated for the last 8 hours that you slept.
2. Go chemical free. There are tons of products on the market that make all kinds of claims in the skin care industry and some of them may work, for some people. For people who have allergies, sensitive skin, psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema, rosacea... adding chemical filled products to our bodies is simply not an option. Choosing natural soap has proven to be the best option for my family and many families that I serve through GG Naturals.
3. Exfoliate. As soon as we walk outside we come into contact with all kinds of irritants, that's unavoidable. Not to mention that skin cells naturally die off and sometimes just washing doesn't get rid of all the dead cells. Therefore exfoliating our skin to reveal healthier looking, cleaner skin is really important to having that radiant glow that we see and swoon over on those who are consistent with using these skin care practices. Things like sugar scrubs or salt scrubs are an excellent option since they are crafted from all natural ingredients and can be made in the comfort of your own home (I wrote a prior blog on this and made a short video on my IG page (@ggnaturals_bathandbody) on making a lavender sugar scrub.)
4. Remember that you are what you digest. What you eat and drink has a profound effect on what shows on your skin. Sugar filled, processed foods are not the best option for you if clear, healthy skin is what you are going for. The sugar addiction in this country is undeniable. For me, the only way I was able to control my sugar intake was to eat as close to vegan as possible. Earlier in the year, that is how my diet started and I was amazed at the fact that I had zero sugar cravings by eating that way. It's your decision. I am simply here to state the facts from my personal experience and the experiences of some of my customers and closest friends who have gone from bumpy to beautiful skin by using these tips.
5. Last but certainly not least, reduce your stress. What? Yes, reducing your stress will reduce hormone irregularities in your body which just happen to show in many ways, one being on your skin. Taking a relaxing walk, meditation, yoga, good music... all ways to reduce the stress you face on a daily basis. There is nothing to lose by doing all these great things for yourself, but so much to gain.
About the Author:
Stephanie Major is the owner of GG Naturals LLC, and life/business strategist out of Florida who has a love and purpose for helping others live their best lives. Having been a natural soap maker for 6 years now, and from the last 2 years of fully operating her skincare business, the information that she provides comes from personal experience as well as feedback from customers, family, and friends who have benefited greatly from using the strategies and products that she now blogs and vlogs about via Instagram.